What information do we collect?
Apart from the feedback form, where you are asked to enter certain information that will be sent to us, this web site does not collect any information itself.
Google Analytics collects the following types of information from users:
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Social Security Numbers
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information
What do we do with the information?
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular to see what browsers, resolutions and devices we have to cater for.
- We use this information to keep track of the most popular items on the web site.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you do not us to keep track of the information mentioned above, you can use software to do so. Plenty of browser-addons are available. To name but a few:
- Google itself offers an add-on to disable Google Analytics in your browser. It supports all main browsers, and can be found at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- AVG antivirus software offers a 'do not track' add-on which is installed by default if you install a current version of AVG antivirus.
- Many browsers offer a 'do not track' option themselves.